Wild Eye's Whey Yum Serendipity Wine & Cheese Tasting
Time & Location
About The Event
From the start, Wild Eye Pub has partnered with Mountain People's Wines - now called Serendipity Wines. Amanda shares wide knowledge and brings us their excellent, diverse wines from our region and the world, favoring our preference for biodiversity, organic and sustainable wines.
Additionally, Wild Eye has now added the tauntingly exquisite Whey Yum Cheeses to our offerings, lovingly managed by Heidi, enthusiastic cheesemonger. This happy addition has led to our new Wild Eye Cheese Club, AND to this first, special pairing event.
Wild Eye is delighted to host this happy collaboration! Only 25 seats will be offered for this safe, distanced taste adventure, in our large, well-spaced dining room.
Following the event, Wild Eye will offer menu specials with featured cheeses, for purchase by those who wish to stay for dinner.
Our regular yummy menu will be available for dining after the event as well.
Below are the five cheese selections you will enjoy at the tasting event:
- Beechers Flagship Cheddar is an American award-winning cheese handmade at Pike Place's market in Seattle. This semi-hard cow's milk cheese is cave aged for at least 15 months to develop a uniquely robust flavor and distinctive crumble.
- Cave aged Gruyere is a typical Alpine mountain cheese, and THE melting cheese par excellence, a firm, nutty cheese riddled with small holes, with pale yellow paste that’s smooth but dense. The cows graze on fresh mountain grasses, full of herbs and fragrant flowers, which infuse the milk with a wonderful flavor and terroir.
- Jacquin Buche de Lucay (similar to Boucheron) is a log shaped cheese with a dry, crumbly center surrounded by a ring of soft ripened goat’s cheese, all blanketed in a soft velvet-like rind. The flavor is rich and creamy with a traditional goat’s milk tang.
- Nancy’s Camembert, A silky, buttery, bloomy rind sheeps' milk triple creme cheese that can put your favorite brie or camembert to shame. Nancy’s Camembert is chock full of fatty goodness, melting on the tongue and leaving you craving another bite! The rind lends a slight mushroomy quality to the cheese, rounding out the sweet cream flavor with a touch of earthy-ness.
- Esquirrou Petit Ossau Iraty In 2019 Esquirrou received a Gold Medal at the World Cheese Awards held in Bergamo, Italy. This Ossau-Iraty sheeps milk cheese gives off the sweet and rustic smell of hay. An amber rind wraps around a firm ivory inside that is ripe with nutty notes and a nose of herbaceous toasted wheat.
These are the five wine selections awaiting you:
Lagarde Bordeaux Blanc Clean crisp flavors and feel the verticality even on the nose. Mouth watering with high acidity, but well matched by minerality and clean bracing citrus and honeydew. Lovely, with good structure. Location: Saint Laurent du Bois, France
Varietals: 60% Sauvignon Blanc, 40% Sémillon. Organically Grown Grapes
Chacewater Syrah Highly extracted with leathery, spicy richness. Blackberry, toasty oak and beautiful dense color. Expansive middle full of complex ripe berry. Generously toasty and mouth feeling, finishing full bodied, with loads of depth and complexity. Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Varietal: 100% Syrah. Organically Grown
Jacky Janodet Beaujolais Villages Juicy Plums and their skins, cherries, earth and grapes. Silky and delicious in texture. Deep, brooding and quite Burgundian in nature, this is one of the most masculine and age-worthy of all Beaujolais wines.
Location: Moulin-A-Vent, France
Varietal: 100% Gamay. Sustainable Soil
Cune Organic Rioja Deep ruby red in color with good aromatic intensity showing forest fruits such as blackberries, redcurrants and wild fruits. On the palate the red fruits characteristic of Tempranillo dominates along with floral notes. Barrel ageing gives a lightly spiced touch and a long, balanced finish. Location: Rioja Alta, Northern Spain
Varietal: 100% Tempranillo
Tarantas Cava Pale yellow color with greenish hues. Fine bubble and persistent foam tones. On the nose it displays intense aromas of pear and apple with notes of lime and
white flowers. In the mouth it is fresh, with well-integrated acidity leaving a long and elegant floral aftertaste. Location: Requena, Valencia, Estern Spain
Varietals: 75% Macabeo, 25% Chardonnay. Organically Grown Grapes
But... which cheese will be with which wine? Get your tickets, come to the event and find out!
Questions? 530-446-6668 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More details and pics on Facebook and Instagram
- Wild Eye Wine and Cheese Event$30$300$0